Friday, November 6, 2015

Shahrukh Khan's interview in 2013 when Bharat was tolerant


When in 2013, Sonia Gandhi remote controlled UPA government was ruling, there were many cases of intolerance. All Girl band Pragassh was banned (read here: http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/feb/05/kashmir-all-female-rock-group-disband) , Kamal Hassan's film 'Vishwaroopam' was banned due to protest from muslims, CNN IBN (when secular Rajdeep Sardesai was its head) anchor asked Shahrukh Khan @iamsrk about rising intolerance.

He just avoided it by saying that I am actor. When anchor further pushed Shahrukh Khan for speaking all girls band which was targetted by Kashmiri muslim fanatics, he just said I don't want to have specific  chatter and talk about things which are religious and politics. So you can talk to me about my films. Generically I would say that yes, I am artist and I support freedom of expression.

Anchor again pushed Shahrukh Khan to say about intolerance but Shahrukh Khan diplomatically again avoided question by saying I speak about work that I know better.

You can see video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-5ZrYMbaaI



No comments:

Post a Comment