Saturday, January 11, 2014

What is VIP culture?


Let me clerify first.I am not yet 100 percent clear about abolishing so called VIP culture which Arvind Kejriwal talks to abolish. Sometimes some priorities must be given to high status people. E.g. in your home, main person who is earning member, be it male or female, if he/she has to rush office, he/she will take bath first, he/she will read newspaper first, first lunch will be served to him/her. If he is in hurry, you will not try to come in his/her way because it can make him/her angry. This anger is not because he/she considers you lower than him/her but just due to his/her hurriness.
If your grand father or grand mother comes and there is no extra chair, you will stand up and offer your chair. So is it VIP things?
Like election, where and when voters are given feeling of being special, our society also make brides and bridegrooms feel being special on wedding day. (Those who are married, remember your own wedding day :-) ).
If we talk in global context, before one month of US president's visit, his security staff will come and check all arrangements.
Arvind Kejriwal has gotten two volunteers as his car drivers. What is it? Is it not sort of VIP culture in a extent?
Yes, VIP culture is defined on priority base. In above example, if earning person is on leave or holiday then if his/her child has to rush for school/tution/exam, priority will be given to it. I remember we had only one TVS moped. So untill my father was working I had not privilege to ride on it but whenever he had holiday, I used to go tution on it. Otherwise I had to ride on bicycle. And I understood situation and priority well as we could not afford another moped. But after sometime we bought another second hand moped. But now also I could not take it. My elder sister had started job so now for second moped, first priority was given to her. Was this VIP culture? Absolutely not, I think so.
So, sometimes it is difficult to define VIP culture.

No comments:

Post a Comment